The scenario of betting for golf has seen a significant shift from being dominated by land betting shops to the increase in bookmaker odds for golf online offered by different online sportsbooks. Since so many bookies offer their own set of odds, it can be challenging to choose the best ones without drawing any comparison. That’s why our experts work day in and day out to provide you with best betting odds for golf available in the market right now. You are sure to get the most out of your bets with the best bookmaker golf odds by using our comprehensive Golf Odds Comparison.
Top Reasons to Compare Golf Betting Odds
- Unique and specific offers:The disparity among the pricing can lead to a tectonic shift in your final winnings. Due to these odds being highly specific, different bookies have various special offers running to entice and attract customers. Keeping a lookout for them and making the best use of such offers will mean a difference in your pot.
- Information provided by a golf odds comparison website: Website like ours provides you with all the odds from various bookmakers in a comprehensive format. Many features are provided to help you with choosing the best betting odds for golf, which suits the bet which you are going to place.
- The use of exchange pricing: Odds comparison websites often list the pricing offered by betting exchanges. The traditional pricing provided by the betting exchanges could prove to be a crucial parameter in understanding the reason behind the pricing of the odds supplied by third-party bookmakers. Deciphering this information would lead you to place a much more informed bet than ever before.
- Changing odds: In the era of the internet, where everything is connected and the updates happen in real-time, it becomes essential to have the same fluidity in choosing your odds. As the day progresses, the performances of players are being evaluated in real-time, because of which the golfers who are heavily backed would see their pricing take a huge nosedive. This phenomenon is known as “drifting”. Hence, it is imperative that you do the groundwork of comparing the best betting odds for golf yourself rather than placing all your trust and money in just one bookkeeper.
Key Reasons to Switch from Offline to Online Betting
- Habit pattern recognition: If you have been betting offline for a very long period of time and engaging with the same bookie, chances are that he or she might have already figured out your betting pattern. This would allow them to tweak odds in their favour the next time you go out and place that bet. With our best bookmaker golf odds, there will not be a problem in selecting different bookmakers and preventing habit pattern recognition.
- The safety and security of online betting: Looking for a legit bookmaker online is much easier compared to its offline counterpart. You are bound to find scammers in the online way of things as well, but with our metrics, our experts have found out the most reliable and verified bookies which are bound to give more payouts and the best betting odds for golf rather than the same bookkeeper you have been going to for ages.
- The convenience of online betting: The very freedom of betting from anywhere and anytime could only be present in the online betting arena. You can place your bet at the time and place of your choosing. Especially with the live streaming and real-time updating odds, you would effectively increase your pot while slouching on your favourite couch.
History of Golf Betting Odds – Interesting Facts!
The history of betting odds can be traced back to the very origin of that particular game and golf is an ancient game. Older records could trace the origin of golf all the way back to 15th century Scotland. The addictive, fun and distracting nature of the sport was long discovered due to which it was banned in Scotland until 1502. It was not until the 1800s that golf became the sport we all know and love today. Because of the rich history, bookies have realized the potential of betting on golf for a very long time now.
While setting their odds, bookies from all around the globe use one of the three odds formats listed below.
- Decimal odds: The European way of listing odds. This is easier to work with since all the information that is required to calculate the earnings of the better are stored in the decimal number itself. For example, the odds of Donald Trump being the president is 2.0.
- Fractional odds: It is the British way of representing odds. Also known as traditional odds, fractional odds are written typically with a “slash (/) “or a “hyphen (-)”. 11/1 or 11-1 are the typical examples of fractional odds. These are pronounced “eleven-to-one”.
- American (Moneyline) odds: Odds are listed in a very different format. For example, if someone says a +400 odds for Tiger Woods winning that would mean, you need to stake a 100 to get the potential win of 400. Similar working for the negative odds; for example, there are -499 odds of Woods winning, you need to stake 499 to get a potential payout of 100.
A Quick Look at Calculating Golfing Odds
Different bookmakers have a different way of calculating their Best Bookmaker Golf Odds. They have a set of analysts to analyze the in-game data and prepare a statistical model. This model is then set against the wins and losses to finally give you the odds as we know it.
- How to calculate the expected value: Expected value is nothing but the potential win or loss on your bet.
(Amount won each bet * winning odds) – (Amount lost each bet * losing odds) = EV
- How are Golf odds calculated: Odds are nothing but the indicators of the implied probability. The probability can be easily calculated from each of the odds. With the help of this probability, one can figure out the earnings.
Stake/Implied Probability Of An Outcome= Total Payout
Two Popular Golf Betting Strategies to Try
Betting strategies are the systematic workflow which instructs better to follow a specific route to maximize the earnings and reduce their losses. The nuances of different strategies are listed below:
- Arbitrage Betting: The strategy is designed to make the best use of the discrepancies found in different betting markets. It usually involves placing two or more than two bets on the same event. In ideal cases, these wagers would return an overall profit to the punter.
- Matched Betting: Works by essentially cancelling out the risk involved in the “back” bet by placing a bet against yourself or by “laying” a bet. This has the potential of giving huge and sometimes tax-free payouts.
The Most Popular Golf Betting Markets in the World
Golf betting has a very huge and open market, with many bookies competing to offer the best betting odds for golf. All the tournaments which happen from all around the year are nothing but the window of opportunity for placing your next bet. So, the major markets for golf betting are:
- US Masters betting: Every golf fan eagerly marks their calendar year for US masters. US Masters is one of the top four golf majors. It has seen many heavyweights clash and heart-racing moments for both fans and the players. Betting on this major tournament is immensely popular. This makes it one of the major golf betting markets.
- US Open: Having the title of being in one of the top spots for a professional golfing tournament, US Open enjoys a lot of viewership. This translates to a huge betting market up for grabs.
- PGA Championship: With names like Tiger Woods attached to this major golfing championship, it is a market which promises high risks and great rewards. Bettors will have a huge amount of time to place a well-researched and educated bet.
- British Open: British Open is the oldest and one of the finest leagues in golf. Enjoying the proximity to Scotland, this championship embodies the rich heritage and dreams of the finest of golfers. These virtues make it a very important tournament to bet on.
Your Most Asked ‘Odds Comparison’ Questions
Is your odds comparison service free of charge?
Yes, our service is free of charge.
Why should I not book with my standard bookie?
Due to the risk of the bookie becoming too familiar with your betting habits, it is not recommended to go to your standard bookie. Also, online betting ensures safety from scams and provides convenience.
Are there differences between online and offline odds?
Yes, there can be a huge difference between the odds that are online and those which are offline. The presence of the features like in-play betting, online odds are more fluid than the standard and static offline odds given by your standard bookie. This discrepancy could yield in a much less winning, It is also much easier to find the best betting odds for golf online as compared to offline.
Conclusion – Best Odds to Maximize Your Golfing Wins
The distinction between success and failure in the betting market can be because of the odds and how you perceive them. Changing your existing way of betting and focusing on the best bookmaker golf odds by incorporating our Golf Odds Comparison might seem complicated at first. However, in the long run, this very odds comparison could prove to be the difference in increasing the chances of you winning your bets. So, start comparing Cricket odds, football odds, Formula 1 odds also and maximizing wins.