- Looking to compare bookmakers?
- Who should use this bookmaker comparison?
- Five steps for a secure betting experience
- Editor’s recommendation – the best betting site
- This is how our experts test betting operators
- Finding the right betting site for you
- Site Layout
- Checklist: This is how you find YOUR perfect bookmaker!
- What bookmaker do our experts use
- Online vs offline gambling
- Our ten ultimate betting site tips
- Conclusion: What are the best UK betting sites for 2022?
Looking to compare bookmakers?
Who should use this bookmaker comparison?
There are so many New Online Casinos that when you’re online gambling in the UK, finding the best online casino and betting sites can be confusing. Whether you’re a veteran gambler or a newbie, looking for a live casino online or the best online bookmakers in the UK, this comparison can be of benefit to you.
We’ll be reviewing everything from mobile online casinos and Paypal at online casinos, to the top betting sites and best online bookies in the UK. Whatever you’re after, we’ll help you to find it.
Five steps for a secure betting experience
We all know that when you’re gambling at real money casinos, even with the best casino bonus, safe bets do not exist. Every bet is a risk, and every bet is a potential loss. However, it’s possible to educate yourself and to minimise risks. Today, we’ll give you our top five betting tips for the safest and best online betting experience.
Check Legality and Licensing
Whether you’re looking for the best betting sites, the best online bookmakers, or the best online casino slots, the legal aspect is a significant part of having a safe experience.
When you’re trying to find out what the best betting site is, and whether it’s legal, you should ask yourself two questions:
- Is it licensed? The best betting website, and even betting sites that are only good, will be licensed.
- Does their license allow them to operate in my area legally? Before you accept any betting website offers, you should check to see whether or not they’re allowed to operate in your area. The answer to this question depends on which gambling commission granted their license.
You should find the answers to both of these questions under the site’s terms and conditions.
Read Bookmaker Reviews
Irrespective of whether you’re looking for the best betting site in the UK, or just the best online betting site in general, read the reviews! With so many betting sites to choose from, it’s impossible for anyone to try them all.
But, if you pool information with other gamblers and read their experiences with various betting sites, you can quickly find potential problems just by reading reviews. Be sure to read reviews by users, though, and not companies. Some companies get paid to give bad reviews to the best betting websites in the UK, to give their competitors more of a chance.
This may seem obvious enough to veteran internet safety junkies, but it can seem harmless enough in human terms: NEVER SHARE YOUR LOG-IN DETAILS. The moment you write down or hand out your log-in details, you add an element that’s out of your control; it compromises your safety.
While we’re on this point, you’d be wise to change your passwords regularly. Any password that stays constant for over a month is a target for hackers.
Use Safe Transaction Types
Our fifth tip for being safe at betting sites is to use reliable and secure transaction methods to make deposits and withdrawals. If possible, choose one that you know well and which is trusted as safe. Also, make sure that you’re using a secure connection.
- 888Sport Review: Is 888Sport scam or legit?
- Bet365 review: Is Bet365 scam or legit/reliable?
- BetVictor Review: Is BetVictor a scam or legit/reliable?
- Betfair Review: Is Betfair a Scam or Legit/Reliable?
- Gentingbet Review: Is Gentingbet a Scam or Legit/Reliable?
Editor’s recommendation – the best betting site
We’ve scoured the top ten betting sites to look for not only the best odds at betting sites, but also the best overall experience. We conclude that, at the current time, the cream of the betting site crop is 888 Sports. We’ve chosen this betting site, not only because of its welcome bonus and extensive selection of general bonuses, but also because it’s visually appealing, offers a wide variety of betting opportunities, casino games, online slots and even bingo.
They also offer a worthwhile loyalty programme, which allows you to earn points with every wager. 888 Sports truly is at the top of the betting game.
This is how our experts test betting operators
When our experts examine gambling sites, whether they’re betting sites or casinos, there are a few things that they always study. Betting sites, in particular, are judged on the following criteria:
- The strength, and variety, of bonuses on offer
- The variety of games on offer
- Do they offer a mobile app, and is it useful?
- Do they offer a worthwhile loyalty programme?
- Does the site look appealing and is it easy to navigate?
Let’s see how our chosen betting site measures up.
888 sport offers a sign-up bonus of £30 in free bets. To qualify, one has to sign up and make a deposit with the sign-up code £30.
After that, simply make a bet of £10 or more, and the £30 in free bets will be assigned to your account. If you don’t deposit, and make your first bet within seven days of signing up, you forfeit the bonus.
In addition to the welcome bonus, it offers a plethora of other regular bonuses.
888 Sports offers you the opportunity to pass time on everything from greyhounds to the UK elections. It also provides a myriad of casino games, online table games, poker, bingo, and even slots.
Simply switch between the 888 Sports, 888 casino, 888 poker, and 888 bingo sites to take advantage of the different games.
888 Sports offers a mobile application that’s available on its website. It’s easy to use and functional.
888 Sports offers a dedicated loyalty programme for all those frequent punters. The programme awards a specific amount of cash every week, relative to how many real money wagers you’ve placed.
For example, if you’ve staked between £50 and £249 in a week, you’ll be rewarded with a £5 cash reward. Cash rewards increase as the stake amount increases.
Finding the right betting site for you
While 888 Sports may be our recommended betting site, we recognise the fact that there’s no one-size-fits-all option. The operator that we recommend might be your least favourite for reasons of personal taste. So here’s a list of things that you should look out for when trying to find the best sports betting sites in the UK for you.
Choice of bets and games
Of course, when it comes to betting, there’s no point in signing up for a bookmaker that doesn’t allow you to make your bet of choice. If you prefer making accumulator bets, you don’t want to sign up for a bookmaker that only allows Moneyline bets.
Or perhaps, if you like to gamble on the side, does the casino related to the betting site have your casino games of choice?
Does the bookmaker that you’re looking at offer your deposit method of choice, and do they allow you to withdraw in a timely fashion?
Do they have a good mobile application?
If you like to gamble on your phone or place bets on your phone, you’ll want a betting site that allows you to make use of a mobile app. Ideally the mobile application will not be clunky and archaic.
Do they have a phone line?
If you’re the more old-fashioned type of bettor, you may still prefer to phone in your bets. If so, you’ll want a betting site that allows you to do so.
Do you find the website visually appealing?
Of course, if you’re going to be looking at a website a lot, then you don’t want to mind looking at it. Look for something that you like to look at.
Do they offer good odds?
This is obvious. You want good odds on your teams of choice.
- Up to 200 video slot games
- Live casino available
- Most games provided by NetEnt
- Comprehensive games portfolio
- Top quality live casino
- Generous betting limits
- Over 40 table games
- Quality live casino
- Games regularly tested by eCOGRA for fairness
- Top quality software providers
- Excellent live casino
- Max bets range from £5,000 to £10,000
- Vast variety of live casino games
- Interactive live dealers
- High-quality casino features
The 888 sport website is clearly set out and is easy to navigate. As, indeed, are all of the 888 sites. With a sleek, modern, dark-themed design, the 888 websites are easy on the eyes and readily navigable.
Once you’ve logged in, your account and deposit options can be found in the upper right corner. In the top left corner, there’s a menu that contains all the betting options as well as links to all the other 888 websites. This site truly is a website that needs no explanation.
Read more: our top rated bookmakers:
- Sportingbet Review: Is Sportingbet a Scam or Legit/Reliable?
- William Hill Review: Is William Hill scam or legit/reliable?
- Mr. Green review: Is Mr. Green scam or legit/reliable?
- Ladbrokes Review: Is Ladbrokes scam or legit/reliable?
- Casumo review: Is Casumo scam or legit/reliable?
Checklist: This is how you find YOUR perfect bookmaker!
To recap, this is our checklist for finding your perfect bookie. They must have:
- Your bets of choice/games of choice
- Your preferred payment option
- A website that you find visually appealing
- Your preferred betting method, whether that be a phone line or an app
- Good odds on your teams or players of choice
What bookmaker do our experts use
Our experts are exceptional human beings. They not only make recommendations, but follow them as well. Our team of experts is happy with 888 Sports.
Online vs offline gambling
For many of us, online gambling may take some getting used to. What’s the deal with online gambling? Is it safe? Are there advantages? The answer to these questions is: Yes, yes, and yes!
Online gambling offers you several advantages. Firstly, it’s convenient. With online gambling, you can gamble wherever you are. There’s no need to travel through traffic or find accommodation. Many online betting sites are so convenient that you can make bets while you’re stuck in traffic. Secondly, it’s safe. You don’t have to travel around with a wad of cash. Your money goes straight into your bank account.
Our ten ultimate betting site tips
These are our ten ultimate tips on how to bet well.
- Never bet based on emotion.
- While you’re learning, make safety bets. Betting on both sides will give you a safety net while you’re learning.
- Free bets are an investment. If you use them wisely, they’ll become part of your betting bankroll.
- Free bets are also an opportunity – disclaimer: this may not be conventional. If you use free bets to make bets
- that you’d not make with your money, they’ll still give you experience.
- Watch past games to learn about your team or player’s reaction to different stimuli.
- Always understand the odds before you wager.
- Never make a wager that could lose more than you can afford.
- Read the terms and conditions before you sign up on a website.
- Don’t let promotions tempt you into spending more than you have in your bankroll.
- Read lots of guides and comparisons to help you learn.
Conclusion: What are the best UK betting sites for 2022?
With so many possibilities in the area of betting sites, it may leave you asking: “can I find the right betting site for me?“. The answer is yes. There’s a betting site for you out there, and with the help of our fantastic checklist, you should be able to find it.
But, before you go off to explore betting sites, you might consider 888 Sports. With such great variety to choose from, how could you go wrong? Whichever site you decide is the best betting site for you, we’re sure you’ll make the right bet. May the odds always be with you.]